Mod Podge Tile Coasters

I love these coasters. Unfortunately, I don't see us being able to use these in our house anytime soon. O likes to throw things and these would definitely break or break something. So in the mean time, I am planning to make these as my "make and take" at my upcoming Pinterest party and make and give them as gifts. I found this project on Pinterest at The Cottage Home- http://thecottagehome.blogspot.com/2011/01/tile-coaster-tutorial.html

Supplies:4 square tiles  (4 x 4)- I bought my at the Habitat Re-Store. They were .10 each.
4 pieces of scrapbook paper (3.75" x 3.75")
4 pieces of felt (3.75" x 3.75")
Mod Podge
Sponge brush
strong adhesive-  I used Fabri-Tac.
Clear acrylic sealer- I used Krylon Crystal Clear.

Step 1.  Choose work space and gather supplies.

Step 2.  Cut (4) 3 3/4" squares of scrapbook paper.


Step 3. Apply your first coat of Mod Podge to a clean tile surface and place piece of pre-cut scrapbooking paper on wet tile right away. Allow 2-3 minutes to dry.

Step 4. Apply your first coat of Mod Podge over the scrapbooking paper. Allow 10-15 minutes to dry and repeat 2-3 times.




Step 5. Once Mod Podge is try head out side or to a well venilated area to spray your tiles with the Krylon protective coating. Be sure to read the instructions before spraying.

Step 6. Final step is to adhere precut felt backing. I used Fabri-Tac.



Super easy and fun project. Makes for a great gift!

 


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)