Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)

Here's another quick, easy and healthier meal option to try. This was my first time preparing and I have to say, it was pretty easy. I will definitely make again, but would make a homemade enchilada sauce instead of store bought. Time and preparation were not on my side when I was shopping for this meal. Like a lot of my recipes, I like to cheat to make things easier. In this case, it was buying a rotisserie chicken and store bought enchilada sauce from Fresh Market.

I found this recipe at There's Always Time 4 Fitness. It's a 21 Day Fix recipe. Mine is a slight variation. She does a great job of breaking down all the containers. I encourage you to check out her post if you are following the container portion of the 21 Day Fix.



Adapted from There's Always Time 4 Fitness
*I used all of the white meat from the rotisserie
**2 enchiladas is 1 serving

Ingredients:
1 red container of shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken from Fresh Market).
1 tsp of Southwest seasoning (I used a packet of taco seasoning).
2- 6" corn tortillas
1 green container of fresh baby spinach (I wish I had added more; I love spinach.)
1 green container of enchilada sauce. I used a store bought brand I found in FM. I will definitely make my own the next time around.
1 blue container of shredded cheese
1 orange container of sliced black olive I omitted the olives, since the Mister doesn't like olives.

1. Add chicken, seasoning, 1/4 cup of water and spinach to skillet mixing well so the seasoning covers chicken well. Simmer over medium heat until spinach is wilted.

2. Soften tortillas in microwave for 15 seconds.
3. Because I used all of the white meat from the rotisserie, I was able to make 5 enchiladas. Scoop equal parts of the chicken onto your tortilla and roll closed, placing it in an oven safe baking dish.


4. Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas and top with shredded cheese in your oven safe dish.



5. Bake on 350° for 10-12 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!

This is a great healthier version of this meal, just watch your portions. I ate 1 1/2 for dinner and actually ate another 1 1/2 for lunch today and it tasted just as good as it did last night. The Mister and of course P ate it all up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat