Mac & Cheese Muffins

This is a new twist on an old FAVORITE. I made these this morning and am so excited to have O try them for lunch. He is a big fan of mac and cheese, who isn't, right?  I found this particular recipe on Pinterest. It's from www.emilybites.com. I made a couple of changes to her recipe, which you will find below.


Ingredients:
4 c cooked whole wheat or high fiber macaroni ( I used regular bow tie pasta; it was in the pantry)
1 T butter
1 T flour
1 c skim milk (I used Horizon DHA low fat milk; it was what we had)
1 garlic clove, minced
3 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3 oz Gruyere cheese, shredded  (I used 3 skinny cow Swiss cheese wheels)
1 egg
1 egg white
1 (10 oz) package of frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, drained and patted dry (or you could use 1 cup cooked fresh spinach)
Salt & pepper to taste



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)