Chicken Pesto Flatbread
What you'll need:
-Chicken: I used cutlets since they were thinner and smaller. I actually oven baked my cutlets in foil pockets at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
-Flat bread: I found 5 Grain Foldit Artisan Flat bread in the deli section at Publix. It was delicious and the best part, only 90 calories!
-Pesto: I was originally going to make my pesto, but then stumbled upon Monterey's Basil with Almonds and Pine Nuts Pesto. It was in the refrigerated section near the eggs and refrigerated pastas (at least in my Publix).
- Mozzarella Cheese: I used Publix brand low fat.
- Optional: lettuce, tomato, cucumber...the sky is the limit.
Making your masterpiece:
1. Bake chicken
2. Cut chicken into strips or bite size pieces
3. Spread pesto over open flat bread. I used about a table spoon on each half of my flat bread.
4. Place chicken pieces on one side of your flat bread.
5. Cover chicken with mozzarella and any other toppings, i.e. tomato.
6. Close your flat bread and pop in toaster over. I baked mine in the toaster over at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Enjoy and make a second =)
|I got so excited and ate mine before I could take a picture. I actually pulled this picture from Google images. Click to see the source.|