Tucker the Turkey (Door Wreath)
Hello friends or should I say, Gobble, Gobble as my friend Tucker the Turkey Wreath would say. This is the simplest wreath I have made yet! You can crank this out in just a couple of hours even with kids crawling up your legs.
|Tucker the Turkey Wreath|
Originally inspired by, Thom The Turkey Tulle Wreath Tutorial.
What you'll need-
- styrofoam wreath
- brown yarn
- 50-75 yards of yellow, orange, burgundy/red tulle (I bought by the spool, cheaper and much easier to cut) You can find at Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michael's Arts and Crafts and even Wal-Mart
- 2 small styrofoam balls for the eyes
- 1 small styrofoam cone for the beak
- 1 sheet of red craft foam or felt ( I actually used 3 in red out door ribbon I had on hand)
- yellow paint
- black paint or paint marker ( I used a paint marker to draw the eyes on)
- 3 tooth picks
- I started by painting my beak and eye balls. I then stuck the tooth picks into them and stuck them into the wreath to dry.
- Next I cut my tulle. Babie Rabies has a great trick to cutting your tulle easily in her monster wreath tutorial post. My picture below shows my adaption using a cereal box.