Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

Fresh, delicious and easy are three words I would use to describe this recipe. To quote the Mister, I believe he described his first bite as  "an explosion of deiciousness" or something along those lines.


Before I go any further, I will apologize for my picture or lack there of pictures. Truth of the matter is, I was in such a rush to whip this bad boy up and get it on the table that I forgot to grab my camera and snap away. The picture above is actually the left overs I had for lunch today. Also, very yummy. Reheats well!

Now the important stuff. I found this recipe on Pinterest. It was pinned by Christy from the Girl Who Ate Everything. She adapted the recipe from Kraft Foods. I did a little adapting to the recipe myself.

Ingredients:
-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I used chicken cutlets, thinner and easier quicker to cook.)
-1/2 cup of KRAFT Sun-dried Tomato dressing, divided (Looked high and low and could not find this. Instead I used Wish Bone's Bruschetta Italian dressing.)
-2 tomato finely chopped (I bought the diced tomatoes found in my Publix produce section. I hate cutting/dicing tomatoes.)
-1/2 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
-1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp of dried basil leaves (I highly recommend FRESH basil. The taste is mind blowing).

Instructions: 
-Place a large sheet of heavy-duty foil over half of grill grate; heat grill to medium heat. Major Adaption: I did not want to be bothered with my grill, so I used my George Foreman Grill. Follow same directions, just don't close the Foreman grill while cooking.
-Meanwhile, place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Add 1/4 cup dressing and seal bag. Turn bag over several times to evenly coat chicken with dressing. Refrigerate 10 minutes (I marinate it all day if I remember in time). Remove chicken from bag; discard bag and dressing.
-Grill chicken on uncovered side of grill for about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 dressing, tomatoes, cheese and basil.

-Turn the chicken over and place cooked-side up, on foil on the grill. Top with tomato mixture. Close lid. Grill 8 minutes or until chicken is done.
*Sometimes we add a splash of balsamic vinegar to give it a bit more zip.( I did not do this, but will definitely next time.
This is a simple and crowd pleasing recipe! Promise you will like and add to your rotation.
Pictured with the chicken above is Birds Eye's Couscous Pasta and Spinach with olive oil and lemon sauce lightly sauce. It was a nice compliment to the meal and can be found in your freezer section.
Bon appetite! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)