Valentine's Day Topiary


So Valentine's Day has come and gone, but I thought it would be fun to share this DIY project. You really could pick any holiday and theme to create one of these for. I think they make Hershey Kisses for almost every holiday and with a ton of different color wrappings.



This looks like it could be a challenging project but it was actually really easy. Above is a picture of the supplies used. 3" Styrofoam ball, a Styrofoam cone (I cut the bottom half off the cone and placed it inside my tin bucket as the anchor of the the candy stick used as the stem of my topiary. Not pictured is my glue gun, which is how I adhered the kisses. Just a dab of glue on the bottom of each kiss. I started from the base and worked my way around and up. Next time I make one of these I might try and cover some of the white areas between each kiss with some of the excess paper grass used to fill my bucket.

This was a very inexpensive project.
  • I bought the Hershey Kisses on sale I think they were 2 for $4.
  • The bucket I bought at Wal-Mart for .99.
  • The Styrofoam ball, I bought at Wal-Mart as well and paid $2.99 for.
  • The cone Styrofoams I bought as a pack of 2 at the Dollar Store (score).
  • The paper basket filling I had and re purposed.
  • The candy sticks, I had and re purposed.

All in all, I would rate this DIY project as a 2 on a scale of 1-5, 1 being the easy and 5 being challenging.

Makes for a great gift or a center piece for the holidays. We made this one for O's sitter and she loved it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)