My first step was to find an organization/storage system that I liked. Thank you to my sister Katie for her inspiration and direction. She bought a set from IKEA for their playroom. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was what we needed.
Just finding those two pieces from Ikea was already giving some shape to the room. Next was to find a paint color for the walls. I knew I wanted to be in the green family. The green was inspired by a patch on the Dr. Seuss valance I bought on Amazon. Finding the perfect shade of green was not as challenging as I had prepared myself for. Thank God, because all of our other color choices have been very tedious processes. We decided on New Palmetto Leaf, Behr Ultra color 10564. I absolutely love the color!
The last step in the process was put up the chair rail. This was a task that I was completely ready and excited to do (I love power tools!). However, that was short lived. My husband did not have faith in my skills and instead had our buddy Jason come over and put up the chair rail. So instead of having the fun of nailing them to the wall, I got stuck with the tedious task of painting and touching up.
I am very pleased with the room as it is. I can't say I am completely finished with this space. I venture there is more to come, just not yet sure what that entails!