Quick Fix Dinner

I think tonight's dinner preparation may have been record time (if you don't include making PB&J). No joke, I think it took me a whole 10 minutes. Tonight's "gourmet" dinner was a good old fashion taco salad.

What you need:
We use ground turkey (much leaner then beef)
Taco seasoning
Shredded lettuce
Diced tomato (I cheat and buy the diced tomato in the produce section)
Shredded cheese
Corn chips (I used crushed tostitos scoops)

Simple as 1-2-3
Brown meat on stove top. Drain excess grease. Add seasoning and mix well. I let it simmer for a few minutes once the seasoning is mixed in to absorb more of the flavor. While the meat is simmering, I put my shredded lettuce in a nice salad bowl, layered  my cheese and added my crushed tostitos chips. Next I topped with my meat and added the diced tomato to the top.

Tasty and pretty guilt free. I like to top mine with salsa and green olives for some extra flavor. So simple and easy to pull together. Most of these items were already in my kitchen.

Buenes Noches!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat