Crock-pot Chicken Pot Pie
Not that we got that out of the way, I am happy to share that the family loved it! They loved it so much that the hubby suggested I add it to our "go to" dinners. Our go to dinners are basically the dinners in our wheelhouse that everyone likes.
The inspiration for this recipe came from The Magical Slow Cooker.
 10 3/4 ounce can of Cream of Chicken soup
 10 3/4 ounce can of Cream of Celery* soup (I accidentally grabbed cream of broccoli and it worked just fine )
 10 3/4 ounce can of Cream of Onion soup
 10 3/4 ounce can of Chicken broth (I like to use low sodium)
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
1/2 cup of diced white onion
1 cup of sliced carrots
2 medium sized baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 tsp dried Thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
pepper to taste
1 cup frozen peas (to be added at the end)
Pillsbury ready to bake biscuits
1. In a medium bowl whisk together soups and chicken broth. Once smooth, add to crock-pot.
2. Add chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes, thyme, oregano and black pepper. Stir ingredients to mix.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours. I usually cook on high for 4 hours.
4. Add frozen peas, stir. Leave on warm until ready to serve.
5. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
6. Serve chicken pot pie filling over hot biscuits.
Hope you enjoy every bite as much as we did!