Laundry Room Chaos, No More.

Oh, how I've missed you. It's been some time since I posted. How I managed to get that Mother's Day post off, still amazes me. Truth be told, I've actually been writing posts... in my head that is. The hard part is actually finding the time to put those thoughts in writing here. If I do manage to find some free time for me, there seems to be something else that "MUST" get done. So my apologies to myself for not keeping up with my writing.

Okay, enough of my sob story. The real reason I am writing today is to share with you the chaos of my laundry room. The laundry room is one of my favorite rooms in our house. I know, call me crazy. I happen to spend a lot of time in here, so I may as well like it. I love all the extra storage the cabinets give me for my sheets, crafts and other miscellaneous "stuff." I also love the big tub sink.

I am still trying to figure out how 4 people make so much laundry. I think there are little gremlins that sneak in when I am not looking and make laundry for me to wash.  I couldn't imagine how much worse it would be if the Mister didn't dry clean 80% of his clothes...

In an effort to organize my laundry room and make it as functional as possible, I decided it was time to buy a hamper for this space. I found a four person hamper made by Better Homes & Gardens at Wal-Mart for under $30. What a deal! The hamper only got two stars on the Wal-Mart website. We have been using it for over 2 months now and have not had a problem. It was super easy to put together and is doing the trick for us. I did not put the wheels on because I could just see O having a field day pushing it around the house.

Before buying the hamper, I use to round up everyone's laundry and plop it on the floor in piles (or leave the full laundry basket in the laundry room, which meant dirty clothes were being left in piles in the bedrooms).That's a sure fire way to trip and bust an ankle or break my neck. To take it to the next level of organization and cuteness, I labeled everyone's hamper bags with their names. This was done with decorative washi tape, permanent marker, label template, ribbon and my laminating machine. 

Now, doing laundry is much safer. I don't need to worry about tripping over piles of dirty clothes, I simply round up the laundry baskets from everyone's room, dump them into their perspective hamper bags and wash away. Talk about "LOADS of FUN!"


  Happy Washing!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)