Baked Kale Chips...

...So yummy, who would have thought. So I've decided to turn over a new leaf (pun intended).  We are a family are going to start a cleaner eating life style. Let me be clear, the goal is not to be extreme, but more conscious about what we eat. There are certain things I am just not ready to give up- coffee, diet coke, chick- fl-a french fries, pizza...well you get the point. Like I said, I won't be making extreme changes, just more conscious choices.

The fun started yesterday when I bought my new toy, the Nutribullet. I made my first Nutriblast smoothie last night. I chose to start with their Toxin cleansing blast (spinach, pear, banana, apple, pineapple and water) and to my surprise it was delicious!

  

So what does this have to do with Kale Chips??? Well, I got crazy in the produce section at Fresh Market and bought a little to much kale. Good thing I pinned a baked kale chips recipe eons ago. This great little recipe is from the blog, "Playing With Our Food, gluten-free-girl and the chef"  It was so easy and so tasty.. Matter of fact, I pretty much ate the entire batch by myself. The Mister was lucky to enjoy a couple of bites.The good news is that I have an abundance of kale and can make another batch tomorrow.



1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp of paprika 
1/4 tsp of granulated  garlic
3/4 bunch of kale, torn into pieces
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 350.
Wash and thoroughly dry kale.
Mix together kosher salt, paprika  & garlic in a small bowl.
In a large mixing bowl, mix  kale with extra virgin olive oil.
Place kale on foil lined baking sheet and bake in oven until crisp, but still green. About 12 minutes. If kale turns brown it will become biter.
After baking, remove from oven and season.
Let cool and enjoy!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat