It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

I LOVE Christmas. It is by far my favorite day of the year and holiday. I LOVE the meaning of Christmas, I love sharing big crazy meals with my family and friends, I love the decorating of the tree and house and I even like the shopping (most of the time).

We spent most of last weekend decorating the tree and house and I wanted to share some pictures of how everything came out.

From left to right:
-Holiday plates hanging on wall in kitchen. These were a great find at Wal-Mart for only $2.99 each. I bought a joy, hope and a love plate.
-Ornament chandelier. I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to recreate it. I bought a sleeve of plastic ornaments at the Dollar Tree and hung them from the light fixture using white thread and taped them to the inside of the light.
-Christmas card display. Every year I debate what to do and how to display all of the holiday cards we receive. Again, another great idea I saw on Pinterest. . I strung a piece of ribbon over a window in our kitchen and (mod podge a handful of clothes pins with holiday paper) hung each card with holiday clothes pins to be displayed.
-Front door decor- This was so simple and adds so much spunk to the entry way. I used command hooks to hang the garland over the door and then wrapped some white lights around the garland and added a couple of red bows. I still want to add some ornaments as well and am on the search for just the perfect ones.
-TV Mantle. Since this piece of furniture is the local point of the room, I like to add all sorts of holiday decorations to the mantle. Here you will find a mixture of nick knacks, stockings, angels, candles, garland and bows to add some color to the garland.
-Even my plain white candles get dressed up for the holidays! I wrap each candle with plaid holiday ribbon and viola! A whole new look for Christmas.
-Stairway banister. I think this is my favorite Again, simple and adds so much to the room. Here I cheated  and bought pre-lit garland. This year I bought banister hooks which was much easier then wrapping the garland through and around the banister. And for a finishing touch I added the red bows.
-Lastly is our Christmas tree. We bought then beauty at Home Depot. Last year, we strayed and bought from a church lot in our neighborhood. We paid an arm and a leg. This year, I was not going to spend so much money on our tree, so back to good old Home Depot.

Now that the house is decorated, it's time to focus on my husband's office party we are hosting at the house for the 2nd year in a row as well as prepare our Christmas dinner menu.

Cheers for now and Happy Holidays!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)