Crispy Black Bean Fritters

These days a lot of my cooking and creativity is inspired by Pinterest. I recently pinned and tried a recipe for Crispy Black Bean Fritters with Creamy Cilantro Dipping Sauce from Mia's Domain.

I was intrigued from the get go, but wasn't sure how the Mister or O would like. The good news is that the Mister loved them, the bad news, O did not touch them. Despite O not liking, I will still make these delicious fritters again.

So here we go...

Fritters-
-3 cups of black beans, cooked  ( I used canned black beans drained)
-1 large yellow pepper, seeds removed and chopped (I used a red pepper because it's what I had)
-1 small white onion diced
-2 garlic cloves, crushed (I used minced garlic)
-1 large tomato, chopped into small pieces (I used diced canned tomato and drained them- I hate cutting   tomatoes)
-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (I used a cilantro herb blend by Garden Fresh, it's found in the produce section. I already had it in the fridge)
-1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
-2 eggs, room temperature
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for frying)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs (this was not part of the original recipe. I added to help the mixture congeal and keep the patties together)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. In a large skillet heat your extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. When hot, add tablespoons of your fritter mixture. I used my hands to shape like a meatball and then plopped into skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes or until desired crispiness. Flip and cook other side. Once I flipped the fitter over is when I used my spatula to flatten the patty. This helped it from falling apart when I first put it in the pan. Remove and drain on paper towel.

Serve with dipping sauce on side.

Dipping sauce-
-1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt (I used sour cream because it was in the fridge)
-1/2 small green chili, seeded and finely chopped (I omitted all together)
-1 small garlic clove (I used minced garlic)
-2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro (I used a cilantro herb blend by Garden Fresh)
-1 teaspoon of sugar
-salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients, stirring well.

Couple things to note, 1) this made approximately 2 dozen fritters 2) They are good as leftovers, just pop them in the toaster oven

I wish I had pictures of the final product, but I got so excited and caught up in serving dinner that I did not take any. However, I did take a couple during the process.


Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)