No Tricks, just TREATS here!

Boo! Since we have a few more days till Halloween, I thought I'd share some of the things we've been working on for our Halloween play date. Just in case anyone needs a little last minute inspiration or  an idea.

Chocolate Covered Popcorn
One of my favorites, chocolate covered popcorn. I have actually been craving this for the last couple of weeks, but managed to hold out until now to make. Let's hope I don't eat it all before our play date.

What you'll need:
  • Wilton Chocolate candies- They come in some many colors these days. I went with the traditional Halloween black and orange.
  • Popcorn- I bought microwave popcorn lightly buttered.
  • Ziploc sand which bags.
  • Parchment paper or wax paper.
Step 1: Pop your popcorn. Once it is popped. Lay put popcorn in a single layer on your parchment paper.

Step 2: Melt your candies. There are a couple of different ways to do this. I went the simple route and poured about half the bag of candies into a Ziploc bag and microwaved for 35 seconds. My microwave is super hot so I need to be very careful. There were 1 or 2 lumpy spots so I put back into the microwave for another 15 seconds.

Step 3: Remove melted bag of candies from microwave and squeeze melted chocolate to one of the bottom corners of your Ziploc. Snip the corner of the Ziploc and you now have a pastry bag. Squeeze melted chocolate over your popcorn. I did the black first since it was the darker color. Once you've layered your popcorn with melted chocolate, toss with a fork to mix and spread chocolate over all of the pieces. Let dry and harden for at least 15 minutes.

 


















 
Step 4: Repeat step 3 with your other colors. Let dry at least 15 minutes. Store in Ziploc or airtight container. Will last 2-3 days.
 
 
Spider Pop Favors
 
 
I love these little guys. I try not to give Owen too many sweets and to be honest, I don't think he's ever had "candy". He still thinks animal crackers are cookies. I am so mean, I know. It's tough to avoid sweets and candies on Halloween though. So I thought tootsie pops were probably a safe bet for him and his friends.
 
What you'll need:
  • Tootsie pops
  • Black pipe cleaners
  • Googly eyes
  • Tacky glue
  • Favor labels                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I probably should tell you these suckers are a little time consuming to put together.                                                                                                                                               
Step 1: One by one you'll twist the piper cleaners around the stick of the tootsie pop. I twisted each pipe cleaner twice to keep it in place. I trimmed the ends so that my legs weren't that long and then bent the ends down to create the "legs"
 
Step 2: Apply googly eyes with tacky glue on top of the "body" of the spider.
 
Step 3: Optional. Apply favor tag. I made these with address labels in a word document. I used a blank address label on the back to keep the favor in place.
 
 
Halloween Munchies Mix
 
This is delicious and what I would consider somewhat healthy as far as Halloween treats go. I made this for the take away treat for our Halloween play date. The best part is there is no right or wrong. The mixture components are endless and can be tweaked for any holiday or theme.  So what's in our Halloween Munchies Mix???
 
What you'll need:
  • 1 1/2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
  • 1 1/2 cups  Gold Fish
  • 1 1/2 cups Raisins
  • 1 1/2 cups Pretzels
  •  1 cup Mini chocolate chips
  • 1 cup Peanut butter morsels
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl or gallon Ziploc bag.
I spooned our munchies mix into a 9oz wine cup and placed in clear treat bag to give as a take away treat. Favor labels were placed on the outside of the treat baggie.
 
 
I had a lot of fun today preparing all of these treats for our Halloween festivities. Hopefully, I have inspired you to try one of these or to get creative and make your own Halloween treats. Happy Halloween and safe Trick or Treating!!!
 
 
     
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat