No Tricks, just TREATS here!
Chocolate Covered Popcorn
One of my favorites, chocolate covered popcorn. I have actually been craving this for the last couple of weeks, but managed to hold out until now to make. Let's hope I don't eat it all before our play date.
What you'll need:
- Wilton Chocolate candies- They come in some many colors these days. I went with the traditional Halloween black and orange.
- Popcorn- I bought microwave popcorn lightly buttered.
- Ziploc sand which bags.
- Parchment paper or wax paper.
Step 2: Melt your candies. There are a couple of different ways to do this. I went the simple route and poured about half the bag of candies into a Ziploc bag and microwaved for 35 seconds. My microwave is super hot so I need to be very careful. There were 1 or 2 lumpy spots so I put back into the microwave for another 15 seconds.
Step 3: Remove melted bag of candies from microwave and squeeze melted chocolate to one of the bottom corners of your Ziploc. Snip the corner of the Ziploc and you now have a pastry bag. Squeeze melted chocolate over your popcorn. I did the black first since it was the darker color. Once you've layered your popcorn with melted chocolate, toss with a fork to mix and spread chocolate over all of the pieces. Let dry and harden for at least 15 minutes.
- Tootsie pops
- Black pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Tacky glue
- Favor labels I probably should tell you these suckers are a little time consuming to put together.
- 1 1/2 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Fish
- 1 1/2 cups Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Pretzels
- 1 cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Peanut butter morsels