Our Inaugural Mommy Group Easter Egg Hunt

Spring is here and Easter is just around the corner. While my little guy and his friends range from 14-16 months, I couldn't help but get excited to host our very first Easter Egg Hunt. Let's be honest though, it's just an excuse for me to host a lunch with my mommy friends and try out (trial run for our family Easter Brunch) some new recipes I found on Pinterest and make some cute Easter and Spring decorations.


So what's on the menu you ask?
  • Eggs Florentine Casserole- I found this on Pinterest, from thepioneerwoman.com Looks yummy! Little bit of something for everyone with the eggs, spinach, cheese, potatoes and sausage. The original recipe calls for Goetta. Apparently this is a favorite amongst our friends in Cincinnati and brought over by German immigrants (learn something new everyday).
  • Sticky Buns- Also found on Pinterest, from The Jones Way... blog. I actually have had these before. My SIL found this recipe as well on Pinterest and made them on Christmas morning. Now that is one present I won't forget!
  • Tuna Salad- My initial thought was to keep this one simple. We'll see if I can find any fun recipes to put a twist on this traditional brunch item. I'll keep you posted.
  • Bunny Butt Cakes- Also known as Cotton-tail Cupcakes on Created by Diane. Again, found on Pinterest. These are the cutest little things and will be enjoyed both by mommies and kiddos. They sound and look fairly simple and easy to replicate. We'll find out soon. I really hope they are because they look so adorable.
Eggs Florentine Casserole

 Sticky Buns

I provided lunch for the Mommy's and the kiddos were BYOL&EB. Bring your own lunch and Easter Basket. Speaking of Easter baskets. I was on the ball this year and ordered "O's" basket almost a month ago. It's cute, not as big as what I had anticipated, but should do the trick for the next couple of years. I got a great deal at Personal Creation and had it personalized with his name. Still looking for a basket? You might want to look here- Personal Creations.


It was a bit challenging looking for treats to put in the eggs for our lil guys. I didn't want to fill it just with candy. Below are some ideas that I have filled the eggs with.
  • hair bows for the girls
  • lucky charms (little more exciting than the plain old cheerios they are use to)
  • stickers
  • money (coins for their piggy banks)
  • bubbles
As a former event planner turn stay at home mom, you can see I still itch to entertain, just on a much smaller level. Our lunch and hunt was a huge success. Everyone had a great time and my house is a wreck to prove it =) ! I'll post some pictures shortly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)