Granola Crust Breakfast Tart

I've always stayed away form recipes like this in fear of how difficult they would be. I would come across pins and stop in my tracks to take in the beauty of these culinary masterpieces. All the colorful fruit would have my mouth watering and taste buds begging for a piece. 

Recently, I decide to over come my fruit tart making fears and to my surprise, it was easy peasy and oh, so good. The spring heat had me searching for a healthy and refreshing breakfast recipe to bring and share with the ladies at my bible study and this recipe was just that- refreshing and healthy. Instead of a buttery graham crust, this is a crunchy granola crust made from Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats. I was able to pick them up at Lucky's Market. You can also find his products at Publix, Target and Amazon. One of the best things about a fruit tart is that there really is no right or wrong fruit combination. It's really your call. I pretty much used the fruit I had on hand. I initially had no intentions of including cuties on my tart, but there they were sitting on my counter. I just love the pop of color they add.  This recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser and will be the talk of your brunch table. Did I mention that it's made with all healthy ingredients and totally gluten free?!?!


Ingredients-
  • 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats 
  • 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
  • 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg white
  • 3 cups of yogurt (I used a greek 25% less sugar vanilla yogurt as my filling)
  • assortment of fruit (I used strawberries, hulled and sliced length wise, blueberries, raspberries and cuties)

Granola Crust-
1. Preheat oven 325° and generously grease a 9 1/2 inch tart pan (preferably with removable bottom).
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, slivered almonds and coconut.
3. In a microwave safe dish , melt together the melted coconut oil and honey until warm. Approximately 10-15 seconds.
4.  Next, whisk in the vanilla and egg whites. Once mixed, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir together until well coated.
5. Dump mixture into your greased tart pan. Press down firmly to spread and level out.
6. Before placing in the oven, place tart pan on a cookie sheet. Bake crust for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool on a cooling rack. Once crust is cool, remove from spring pan

Assembling your tart-
1. Sprinkle crust lightly with cinnamon *optional
2. Pour yogurt on to crust and spread evenly.
3. Lastly arrange fruit on yogurt for desired look.
**I do not recommend assembling your tart until you're ready to serve. This will keep your crust from getting soggy. 


Notes- Next time I make this tart, I may substitute honey for maple syrup or just add equal parts maple for a little extra flavor. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)