Looking for a Unique Mother's Day Gift?

If you're looking for a unique gift for mom or the special woman in your life... look no further. This is the gift that will keep on giving and please everyone. As I mentioned in my last post, I treated myself to a couple of Mother's Day gifts a little early this year. At about 35 weeks into my pregnancy extreme exhaustion had set back in. The late afternoons and early evenings were rough. All I wanted to do was lay on the couch. The thought of making dinner...well just forget about it. Standing at the stove was killing my back and ankles. Any of you who saw my kankles would understand what I am talking about. Needless to say, we were eating a lot of takeout, breakfast for dinner or simply just inviting ourselves over to my in-laws for dinner. It's a good thing they live around the corner and my MIL in an excellent cook.

It was at that point I decided I was going to treat myself and my family to a food preparation service (Happy Mother's Day to me!). I wanted to find a service that would prepare good quality freeze ahead meals that I could take out of the freezer and pop in the oven to reheat and serve.  Genius, right? Naturally, I took to social media to look for recommendations and I hit the jackpot! I found my new friend Leanna Blacher on a FB group called Mamarama. She came highly recommended from a couple of people and I thought what the heck, let me give her a try.


Last week, we received our first delivery of meals and they were all delicious.
On the menu:
1. Sweet Potato Chili and Corn Bread
2. Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts over Mushroom and Asparagus Quinoa
3. Creamy sausage, tomato and pea pasta with Roasted Parmesan Broccoli

Each dinner is 4 servings which has lasted 2-3 meals for us. Good thing we like left overs! Later today, I should be receiving this weeks menu. Can't wait! Prior to our first delivery, I sent Leanna a list of meals that we enjoy regularly. This was to give her an idea of what type of eaters we were. She also asked what we didn't like and wouldn't eat (not a whole lot on that list). Leanna is great to work with and very flexible (She also makes baby food...may have to try that in a few months.) My plan was originally 2 weeks of meals before the baby and 2 weeks after, but P came early and the rest is history. So instead we're doing the next 4 weeks straight, 3 meals a week. What a treat for me and the family. Like I said, the gift that keeps on giving and pleases the entire family.

Now what mom or special lady in your life would want a few nights off in the kitchen...

Happy Mother's Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)