Happy Mother's Day to Me!

I officially became a mother 2 years, 3 months and 26 days ago and most recently a mother of two just 18 days ago. It's kind of crazy when I think about it all. Holy cow, I am a mother of 2 beautiful boys! My future will consist of cars, trains, truck and more cars, trains and trucks; rough housing and wrestling, probably farting and other bodily noises and nights and weekends spent at the ballparks. There will be ups and downs along the way. Disappointments and celebrations. There will be bouts of sibling rivalry, but many more moments of brotherly love. Friends will come and go and though the thought brings tears to my eyes, there will be girls that will break there hearts along the way. Like I said, "Holy cow!" Anyone who knows me well, knows that I was cut out to have little boys. I've always wanted to be the "Team Mom." Even while playing college intramural sports I played the role of "Team Mom" to my favorite Sigma Chi boys and best friends. So call me blessed, my dreams of being a "Team Mom" have come true and are just around the corner.

Mother's Day is this weekend and I am so excited to be hosting my mom, sister, mother-in-law, sister-in-law and their families. (I must admit, hosting was a bit of a SELFISH choice. Much easier to have everyone come here then go out with an infant.). I am still working on the menu, but it's shaping up to look like this-


  • Waffle station with fresh fruit and homemade whipped cream
  • Egg and Sausage casserole
  • Parmesan Hash Brown cups  Source: Quick & Easy Recipes
  • Chicken/Tuna Salad
  • Crumb Topped Apple Slab Pie   Source: Better Homes and Gardens
  • Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Frosting    Source: Iowa Girl Eats
  • Fresh fruit 
  • White Wine Spritzer
Next I need to figure out my table scape...Pinterest here I come.

Now back to being SELFISH...Mother's Day is now two-fold for me. Not only do I get to celebrate the the special mothers in my life, but I also get to celebrate ME being a mother! Here is where being selfish kicks in. Having just been pregnant for 9 months, I decided to take Mother's Day into my own hands and do some nice things for me. Who doesn't like treating themselves to something special every now and then? 

So what did I do you ask? After toying with the idea for over 2 years now, I finally spoiled myself with a Keratin Hair Straightening treatment (this morning as a matter of fact). I was tired of looking like I just rolled out of bed. Let's face it, I'd rather have 20 extra minutes of sleep instead of blow drying my hair in the morning (especially now with P's night time feedings). My hair is super straight and looks great. I can't wash it until Friday morning and the real test will be when I blow it. It should cut my blow time in half!

My next treat really benefits us all. At about 35 week pregnant, the 3rd trimester exhaustion had set in. I was huge and starting to get uncomfortable. Back pain was a daily aliment and my ankles were so swollen. I started to research pre-made meal services. I wanted to order some healthy dinners that I could freeze and pull out and pop in the oven. I found a wonderful woman who was recommended through the FB group Mamarama  (also makes baby food...may have to try that at a later date.) and contacted her pronto. She had recently had a baby and was not quite ready to go back to work. So we targeted the 1st of May, which worked out considering I had P 3 weeks early. I am happy to report, that we got our first week of meals and they were delicious. I am so excited to see what next week's menu brings. Happy Mother's Day to me! Such a treat to not have to worry about dinner for a few weeks as I adjust to life with 2 kids and try and find our routine. I know the hubby is enjoying it as well. Towards the end of my pregnancy, I had no energy or desire to make dinner, so needless to say it was a lot of eating out and breakfast for dinner. Thank God he is so easy going! I'll share more about these services soon!

Hope you all have special plans for Mother's Day as well. Be sure to tell the special woman in your life just how much they mean to you. Oh and don't feel guilty about treating yourself to something special...you deserve it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)