Lemon Shrimp Scampi with Artichokes

If you haven't guessed already, most of my recipes are found on Pinterest. I love laying in bed at night and scrolling through the plethora of pins looking for new mouth watering and crowd (ok, really just the Mister and I) pleasing recipes. Lately though, I've been walking to my mailbox for recipe inspiration. I anxiously await my month arrival of Cooking Light Magazine and Food Network Magazine (both subscriptions were purchased on Groupon. Hint hint, head on over to look for a great deal). I love flipping through the pages and salivating over the pictures and recipes found within these pages. I bunny ear the pages of recipes I want to make so I can come back and easily find them when I meal plan on the weekends. 

Today I am sharing one of the recipes I adapted from the July/August edition. It is what I consider a "foil packet meal" Not sure exactly where this term came from, but it works. If you're not sure what I am talking about, scroll down and see the picture below. To sum it up, the ingredients of what you are cooking is cooked in a piece of foil wrapped to create a dish more or less. Hopefully, my picture serves as a better explanation than the one above. LOL. 

Lemon Shrimp Scampi with Artichokes



Serves 4
Prep and baking time approximately 40 minutes total

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons of Italian style breadcrumbs
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp finally grated lemon zest, plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced
5 cloves of garlic, 1 grated and 4 minced
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
12 oz can of quarter artichoke hearts, drained (you can also use frozen and thaw before use)
Kosher salt
4 springs fresh oregano
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter (I cut back and only used 2)
1 1/2 pounds of large, peeled and deveined shrimp
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup dry white wine

The original recipe calls for grilling, but I don't like using the grill when the Mister is not home. I really must get over this fear. Instead of grilling the foil packets, I baked the meal at 400º for 8 minutes.

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400º. Combine breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat, cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl to cool. Stir in lemon zest, grated garlic and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.

2. Tear off 4 sheets of heavy duty foil. Divide the artichoke hearts among these sheets. Lightly season with salt. Place a sprig of oregano on each each along with a 1/2 Tbs of butter and thinly sliced lemon.


3. In a large bowl, lightly season shrimp with salt. Mix in pepper flakes (optional), parsley, remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/2 cup of dry white wine; mix well to coat the shrimp. Using a large serving spoon, divide the shrimp mixture evenly onto your 4 foil pieces. Bring the opposite ends of foil together and fold over twice to seal. Be sure to leave room for the heat to circulate. 

 





4. Place foil packets on baking sheet and pop in oven, baking for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully open foil packets and sprinkle each serving with bread crumbs before serving. 




I served this with a side of smoked garlic cauliflower rice by Green Giant, found in the freezer section. It was a nice compliment and simple addition to complete this meal. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)