Lasagna ~ A Healthier Spin On a Delicious Italian Meal
9 cooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
2 cups low fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 pound cooked ground turkey
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook noodles according to directions on the package.
2. Pre heat oven to 350°. Cook ground turkey stove top in a medium skillet. Adding salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach*, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning and ground turkey*. Mix well and set aside. (* If you are making a kid friendly version like I did, you will want to hold the turkey and spinach to make a few plain roll ups and then add the spinach and turkey meat to make the rest of the roll ups.)
4. Cover the bottom of your baking dish with spaghetti sauce (approximately 1 cup).
5. On a clean surface, lay out cooked lasagna noodles. Dab with paper towel to make sure there is no excess moisture.
6. Spread cheese mixture evenly on each noodle. Roll noodles from one end to the other and placing them seam down in the backing dish.
7. Top lasagna rolls with sauce and shredded mozzarella. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
If your following the 21 Day Fix, 2 roll ups = 1Green, 1Red, 1Yellow, 1Purple, 1Blue
This was a winner in my house and we will definitely make again. Enjoy!