Almond Crusted Chicken

Let's just ignore the fact that it's been a few months since my last post. Let's just focus on the positive, the here and now! I am back on this page and am going to share a delicious recipe with you all! Forewarning, I don't have many pictures, actually, I only have one. Moving on though...this is a crowd pleaser and it's clean and simple.

This recipe is from Beachbody's newest program, The Master's Hammer and Chisel. Today was my first day of this 60 day program. It's legit. I survived and I am pumped for what's to come.

Almond Crusted Chicken

Ingredients-
6- 4oz chicken breasts
1/2 c of almond flour (I actually ended up needed a little more)
2 garlic cloves minced finely
1 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon peel (I just eyeballed this)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 large egg white
1/4c water
2 tbsp of EVOO

Directions-
1. Preheat oven to 425°
2. Place chicken on cutting board, slice in half to thin out
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Mix well and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, combine egg white and water. Whisk well.
5. Heat oil in medium heat.
6. Dip and coat chicken breasts in egg. Next dip and coat chicken in almond flour mix.
7. Cook chicken stove top for 3-4 minutes on each side.
8. Remove from stove top skillet and finish baking in oven. Approximately 10-12 minutes.

I served this meal with brown rice, steamed veggies with coconut oil and a salad. For all my Beachbody peeps this meal is 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 2 greens, 2 tsp (1 for coconut oil, 1 for balsamic for my salad).


Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat