Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe
1 medium-large size head of cauliflower
1 large egg
1/2 cup parmesan or mozzarella cheese grated/shredded
1 tsp of Italian seasoning (may substitute rosemary, basil or parsley)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°. Line a round pizza sheet with parchment paper.
2. Clean cauliflower removing any leaves. Use a pairing knife to cut down the head into florets. Place florets in food processor and process until it is a rice like texture.
3. Place onto prepared pizza sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and place baked cauliflower into a bowl lined (at least 2 layers) with cheesecloth.
5. Grab and gather edges of cheesecloth forming a ball and squeeze all of the liquid out of cauliflower. You will have to squeeze very hard and do this multiple times until no liquid drips when squeezing.
6. Increase over to 450°.
7. Place cauliflower in mixing bowl. Add egg, cheese, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper. Mix well.
8. Transfer mixture back onto the pizza baking sheet. Feel free to reuse your parchment paper or swap out for a clean sheet. Use your hands to shape and flatten mixture to form your cauliflower crust.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes and remove from oven.
10. Here is where the fun begins. Don't be shy, get crazy with your toppings and then place bake in over and bake until cheese melts and top is golden.
11. Slice and enjoy!
This was definitely one of the more labor intensive recipes that I have done in awhile; I usually opt for simple. The tedious process is so well worth it! I was so surprised at how good it tasted. I wish I would have doubled the recipe and made more.