Mason Jar Candle Mommy Craft

It would only be appropriate that my first post in what seems like forever would be about a MOMs Club craft project. I say that because the MOMs Club is one of the main reasons I have not had a post in over 2 months!!! I don't think I've mentioned the Parkland MOMs Club or my involvement in this group on the blog. So I guess it's time I catch you up and fill you in.

I joined the MOMs Club a little over a year and a half ago. It's been a lot of fun and most recently a lot of work. I've met some amazing woman, some of who have become my closest friends. I joined in July 2013, when P was about 3 months old. We had been living out here for about a year and half and I had yet to really meet anyone in the area. I was still traveling to  Fort Lauderdale and Plantation for all of our activities. I decided it was time to change that and make some friends for myself and the family right here in our own backyard. It wasn't too long after I joined that I went from attending play dates to joining a fundraising committee and well, I guess the rest is history. Last July, I became the club's President and it's be a whirlwind. I have a great group of ladies who are on the board and the committees with me. While its a heck of a lot of work, it's a whole lot of fun!

So back to why I haven't posted in 2 months... each year the club votes on a charity to support. This year's philanthropy project benefits the Live Like Jake Foundation, which focuses on drowning prevention. The last 2 months have been spent preparing for our A Family Affair event, which took place last Sunday, March 8th. As with any fundraising event or project, it's a labor of love. My poor family took the brunt of it. I spent many afternoons and evenings away from them to make sure this event went off with out a hitch and raised a lot of money for LLJ. I am proud to say, it was an amazing day! Beautiful weather, despite the previous days downpour and forecast, amazing volunteers, happy vendors and a very special and happy benefactor. We're so excited to be able to present the Morrison family of the Live Like Jake Foundation a check on May 9, at their LLJ 5K. Can't announce just yet how much. It's still a secret...shh!


At the MOMs Club's monthly membership meeting, I like to have some sort of take away for the moms. Some months it's a recipe or a quote or tip. In the past, we've also had speakers that will come and present on a popular topic of interest. This month, I decided to do a craft! I needed something that would be easy to put together with the kiddos running around the house. I searched on Pinterest and came across some really cute Mason Jar crafts and decided on the Mason Jar floating candle. Simple and affordable! Here is my sample for Wednesday's meeting and craft.























Materials:
mason jar
glass rocks or stones
floating candle(s)
embellishments to decorate
glue gun

























This project took me about 15 minutes start to finish and that was only because I had a bunch of embellishments to choose from and couldn't decide the look I wanted. Best of all, it's was pretty darn inexpensive as well. I found the mason jars, glass rocks and the raffia at the Dollar Tree. The other embellishments we stuff I had already or purchased from Michaels in the $1- $1.50 bins by the checkout. I love how cute it came out and am going to make a few for our master bathroom.

Happy Crafting!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)