Chicken Parmesan Casserole

This has become a favorite in our house. To be honest, I was a bit skeptical the first time I made this. My husband's favorite dish is Chicken Parmesan. What was I thinking trying to pull off some impostor Chicken Parmesan casserole thing? We sat down at the table to eat. I announced I was trying a new spin on an old favorite. The Mister looked at me with excitement and just a pinch of skepticism.  I held my breath as he dove his fork into the casserole. Well?, I said. "This is great!" exclaimed the Mister and the rest is history. This delicious, quick and easy meal has become a go to. I  even cut a few calories by using lower fat or part skim cheese. Every little bit helps, right?

So take note, because this is going to be a winner in your house.

Ingredients-
2-3 chicken breast cubed
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tbsp of olive oil
2 cups marinara sauce (this may vary depending on how much sauce you like and how much chicken you use)
Parmesan cheese (sprinkled to taste)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
croutons (flavor of your choice, I use butter and garlic)


Directions-
1. Preheat over to 350°.

2.  Cut chicken breasts into cubes.

3. Add olive oil and minced garlic to bottom of your baking dish to coat bottom.

4. Add chicken to baking dish and coat with olive oil and minced garlic.

5. Cover chicken with sauce.

6. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese followed by shredded mozzarella cheese.

7. Top with croutons.

8. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Remove foil the last 5 minutes to allow croutons to brown.

So I happen to be making this batch today for a friend who had surgery. I prepared it and brought it over to her to pop in the oven when they were ready to eat, so I don't have a picture of it fresh from the over and ready to be devoured.  But to give you an idea I was able to find a picture online that gives you a good idea of what the finished product looked like. Photo credit: Our Pinteresting Summer


Needless to say, the Mister was a bit disappointed to learn tonight that I made one of his favorites and he didn't get any. I guess I should have made a double batch.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)