Rosemary Balsamic Pork Loin

This recipe is a real risk for my family. The Mister is not a big pork fan, but will pretty much eat whatever I make. I knew O wouldn't touch it and I had a pretty good feeling that P would eat it considering he eats everything. So what did my critics have to say? As I had expected, O turned his head to it. Shawn ate it with a smile and said, "It was a nice change." And of course P ate it. I am not sure he loved it, but he ate it without a fuss.

I enjoy pork, especially a pork loin. My mom use to make this often when we were growing up. Much simpler then this recipe, but it was still good. There are a few things I would do differently next time I make. I would not add the black pepper to the rub. It was just too peppery for my liking. I would also use regular bacon like the recipe calls for instead of the Turkey bacon I substituted.

So here's the low down. This recipe was adapted from the little leopard Book.

Ingredients (serves 6-8)

  • 3 lbs boneless pork loin        
  • 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 sprigs fresh Rosemary
  • 4 sprigs fresh Thyme
  • 2 tbsp steak seasoning
  • 1 tbsp ground black pepper
  • 6 cloves of crushed garlic
  • 6 slices of bacon

Preheat your oven to 400°. Brush the loin with with balsamic covering all sides completely. Do this with the olive oil as well. I brushed another coat of balsamic over the olive oil.


Next, cut 5-6 slats into the top of the loin. They should be fairly deep. Stuff each slat with the crushed garlic.

Now it's time to season. Combine black pepper, steak seasoning, 4 sprigs of chopped thyme and 4 sprigs of chopped rosemary. Rub the seasoning onto the loin evenly. *If you are not a fan of a peppery taste, I would eliminate the black pepper. 
 
Bring on the bacon. Wrap your loin with your bacon strips. I used Turkey bacon, but I don't recommend. Next time, I'll use the real thing to achieve a crispy bacon crunch.

Pop that beauty into the oven and let it roast away for 40-45 minutes. If using a meat thermometer, it should register at 165°. I usually just slice into the thickest part and make sure it looks cooked all the way through. I served with a side of steamed broccoli and french fries for the boys. D-E-L-I-S-H!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pesto Flatbread

Woodford Reserve Bourbon Balls ~ A sweet Father's Day Treat

Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (21 Day Fix Inspired Recipe)