Pesto-Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
I found this wonderful recipe at the Inspired Dreamer. I tweaked and used some short cuts when making mine.
Italian Bread Crumbs
1. Pre-heat oven to 325. Grease 9x13 baking dish.
2. Trim all fat off or breasts and butterfly. To butterfly your chicken breast, slice through the center of your breast, but not completely through. You should then be able to open your breast like you would a book and it should resemble the shape of a butterfly, hence the name.
3. Generously spread pesto on your open chicken breast.
4. Slice mozzarella stick down the middle and place on your chicken. Fold chicken closed. I used tooth picks to hold chicken breast closed.
5. Dredge chicken in Italian bread crumbs and place in baking dish.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken is done.
The pictures are not the best, but I wanted to share the ones I had. I am actually quite proud of myself for even taking the couple of pictures I did amongst the chaos we call dinner!
|Before placing in the oven.|
|Hot and ready to eat. I love the pesto and mozzarella seeping out the sides.|